by Mitch Gershonowitz, 2022-07-23T13:59:47.000-07:00July 23 2022, at 01:59 PM PDT in 2022 Intro
In August 2022, the Board of Directors of the Van Cortlandt Titans will award one five hundred dollar ($500) scholarship to a former Titans player entering college for the Fall 2022 semester.
From the applications received, the candidate will be judged based on tenure with the team, academic performance, demonstrated leadership, attitude, character, diligence, responsibility, maturity, and physical and mental improvement.
Former Titans who wish to be considered must apply for the scholarship by August 15, 2022. To be eligible, the candidate must have graduated high school and committed to attend an accredited college for the Fall 2022 semester. The winner will be notified by email in mid-August. A check for $500 will be presented to the winner at a practice in late August.
To apply, please email or hand in the following information to Mitch Gershonowitz (email: email@example.com):
• Your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
• Your new college student ID number (you will receive an ID after you accept the college’s offer).
• Proof you will be attending college or university in the fall. You can submit a dorm housing assignment, matriculation letter, course registration, tuition bill, or any other official announcement. A college acceptance letter is not enough.
• A transcript of your high school grades, from ninth through twelfth grade. If a transcript is not available, submit all report cards.
• An essay, maximum 500 words, that answers this question: “How did your experience as a Titan prepare you for college and adulthood?”